101 S. Main Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301
At the corner of Main Street and Jefferson Avenue. Please see GeoHash for maps and downloadable waypoint information.
10:00 A.M.. to 3:00 P.M.., Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Exceptions for some holidays. For more information call 636-946-9828 or see our CALENDAR
Location and Directions
The Society and its archives occupy the Old Market House located at 101 S. Main Street in St. Charles, MO. The building began as a Market and Fish House in the 1830s. At one time, the St. Charles City Hall and Police Station occupied the building. The building is on the National Register of Historic Landmarks as the old City Hall.
What to Expect When You Visit the Archives
You’ll have the help of one of our many knowledgeable volunteers to help you search through our collections and help you find what you’re looking for. However, it is most helpful for our staff and volunteers if you know what you’re looking for when you visit us. Knowing the names you’re looking for and the types of records would be great! But if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, that’s okay! We’re here to help you find all that we have.
- You will be assisted in your research by knowledgeable research assistants.
- You will have access to our total range of collections.
- You will be able to upload information to discs or thumb drives from microfilm.
- You can purchase copies of photographs in our extensive collection.
- You will find accessible parking and entry at the rear of the building.